Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 04, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Night: -- Nights can be difficult if you need something from somewhere: what time do the stores shut down where you are? I mean, if you needed something more than a loaf of bread, is there any hope late at night?

Ah, well, most of the stores are closed by ten. But this is why the Good Lord invented Kroger. It's open 24 hours. So is the Super Walmart (which is crowded even in the middle of the night). And if we needed meds, the CVS a few miles away is 24 hour, too.

Twosome: on the-- River? Hey, are there any rivers near you? ...or are you located out in the wilderness somewhere?

Well, I cross one twice a day going to work, no matter which route I take. There's a creek about 100 feet (??? I'm terrible gauging distances) from our house. I hate it. In warm weather every mosquito in Cobb County is there. I can get bitten just unlocking the door.

Threesome: Town!-- If you could have any "Night on the Town" you wanted, what would you like to do? ...and would you like some company or would you go it alone?

I want to go see an evening Broadway show. Otherwise I don't care. I'm not into "clubbing" and I never much liked alcohol but I won't drink it at all now that I'm on heart medication. My idea of a "night on the town" used to be going to Oxford Books, which closed at 2 a.m. on weekends.

But of course I'd take someone. What's the use of having fun without someone to share it with?