Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 11, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome- The dinner: What's your favourite meal? Is it something you get out or can you get it at home?

Gosh, that's a hard one. Chicken cacciatore, which I like better at home. In restaurants they most often use deboned chicken. I like it better with chicken parts. And the restaurants don't have a nice big hunk of crusty Italian or French bread to "zoop" in the sauce. Not the same at all.

Twosome- the theatre Admission: What's your favourite movie and/or play and why?

Only one movie? Impossible choice. I can name some favorites, but not just one: Galaxy Quest, Casablanca, Airport, Auntie Mame, The Andromeda Strain, Big Jake, The Homecoming, A Christmas Story, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Spaceballs, The Right Stuff, 1776, Twister, Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Threesome- and the babysitter: We've all been left with a babysitter at one point or another. Did you have a favourite childhood babysitter? What made that person special?

If by "babysitter" you mean a teenager--actually, no. My parents never left me with strangers. I was always left with relatives, who I really didn't think of as "babysitters." The closest I had to a babysitter was when I was little and my mom would go downtown and leave me next door with my godmother's mother, who I called "Zia Maria." If it were warm we would sit outside on the big Adirondak chairs under the grape arbor and eat fruit from her garden, grapes and pears and plums. Sometimes Victoria's mother, "Zia Maria Antonia," who lived in the white house on the other side of the chain-link fence, would come through the gate and sit with us.