Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 25, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Computer- What was/is your first computer? A clunky old Commodore or something a touch more modern?

Just a common old garden variety Commodore 64, with a great word processing software called Paperclip.

Twosome: Anti-Virus- Have you ever had a computer virus? How bad was it? Or are you one of the lucky ones who have managed to avoid them?

Sorry to say I have, at work. We were warned several times by the LAN administrators not to open attachments from strangers. However, the attachment I opened came from one of my contacts at work; I thought the person was sending me a quote sheet. It turned out to be that wretched "ILoveYou" virus--and I wasn't the only person fooled; the darn thing shut down the office for almost two days.

Threesome: Software- What piece of software really made you more productive on your computer. ...or, as in my case, less productive? *g*

My darling, forever-loved, always superior WordPerfect. The crown jewel. The top. The best. (Microslop Word. Phooey. Spit. What can you say about a piece of software that offers...gag..."sparkle text"? Ugh. Get real.)