Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, March 13, 2004
Mispelings R Us
We were talking about mispelling and grammar misuse on chat tonight, which reminded me of something funny that happened a few weeks back.

Many moons ago James and I gave a new nickname to those Green Giant "early tender June" peas. This happened after the day I stopped at Kroger and found the "LeSueur Peas" on sale. The sale sign labeled them as "Leisure Peas."

Well, Kroger did it again a few weeks ago. This time they had a sale on a certain Italian-named brand of soup.

The sign said "Progressive Soup on sale." :-)

The "Leisure Peas" are still my favorite. I have these visions of pea pods kicking back in the sun.