Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 26, 2004
Doctor, Second Verse
Went for my pre-op appointment today. The doctor is delighted because she got the person she wanted to assist her.

Other notes:

They've decided to take "all the plumbing" out. She was going to leave an ovary in, then looked at me and said, "This has already happened twice. If this grows back on the other ovary, you're going to kill me, aren't you?" Well, yes... :-)

Of course this means I will get menopausal symptoms, but I've been getting pre-menopausal symptoms for months now, including hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods...the whole "kitten caboodle." I will need to remember to take calcium supplements to guard against osteoporosis and keep myself in better shape.

Plus I may get "flaky." James looked dourly at me and joked, "How will I tell?" "-)

Oh, she says she's gonna take a picture of the darn thing.

The hospital brochure is astonishing. When I had this surgery 30 years ago, I was in bed for several days before they allowed me to get up (I remember the catheter being in for about three days). According to the brochure, they get you on your feet within three to six hours of the end of the surgery! This is to prevent blood clots, I'm sure, but it sounds soooo odd.