Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, March 27, 2004
The [Bunny] World is a Carousel of Color...
Holy cats! I finished doing some chores while James was at the IPMS meeting and then put my new DVD of Here Comes Peter Cottontail on.

The restored color nearly knocked me out of my chair. We're talking full-strength Technicolor color here: crimson red, sunshine yellow, grass green, ultraviolet purple, prominent pinks, sunset orange, and brilliant sky blue, not to mention bleach whites, dark blacks, and grizzly grey. Plus the quality is so good I can tell that Mr. Sassafras' outfit has texture to it: a satin finish for both the hat and the suit coat. It definitely made the experience more 3-D. This looks even better than Rudolph, on par or maybe even better than Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Makes me wonder what it looks like on a progressive player with the proper color-coded cables!