Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, February 15, 2004
A Rainy Day In Georgia
It always amazes me--and maybe scares me a little--how quickly I can go back and forth from delight to depression and back again.

Today was mostly depression, but how could you not be depressed on an awful day like today? James had to truck off to work and it poured and poured and poured outside. Even the dog was depressed. She met me at the gate when I came back from WalMart laden with various things, but not when I came back from the library, and she didn't even bother to get up all afternoon, not even to go outside, while I was curled up on the sofa reading, cold, and feeling more than a bit sorry for myself. I finished a book of Doctor Who short stories and also Jane of Lantern Hill before starting a discarded library book I bought at a booksale some years back about 1943, told in diary format.

I also folded clothes and cleaned the bathroom, but mostly I moped. Sometimes I just feel like my mainspring's broken.