Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, February 01, 2004
No Tax Today
I thought I had all my ducks in a row. For the past few years I have been collecting everything pertaining to taxes in an 8x10 manila envelope--deduction receipts for tax donations--and then adding the things that arrive at the beginning of the year, like the W-2s and the interest statements. So I sat down with my envelope, my TurboTax, and blithely started on the taxes. Got the state form downloaded, got the income statements in, and was continuing through the endless questions about extra income...

...and got stopped cold. I'd forgotten the money I'd earned on jury duty--haven't received a W-2 for that--and James did a small job for his ex-boss last year--no W-2 for that here, either. So I had to pack everything back in the envelope. Darnit.

Ah, well, at least I got my mom's birthday present mailed out...