Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 19, 2004
I Think I'm In Love...
Last summer I downloaded a trial version of HTML Assistant Pro 2000 to try out just before we went on vacation. I loaded it onto the laptop...and then didn't touch the laptop after we came back from vacation.

A month or so ago I downloaded the trial version again, this time to the desktop, but hadn't installed it. The Pro people keep sending me polite little e-mails asking me if I like it, and have I tried this, etc. Well, I finally installed it.

I think I'm in love.

I mean, I have most of the features on the version I have, but they've been souped up a lot. I get six programmable buttons for user tools I use the most and colored tags (okay with me; I just want to know if there's any way I can change the colors...). But the thing I like the best is the quick publish/site manager feature (something FrontPage has, but I didn't like enough to put up with FrontPage; I think Dreamweaver has it as well). After fiddling with it about an hour, I got it to work. It would mean when I finished updating a page I could publish it directly, without having to go into WS-FTP to upload it to the web site. When you do publish, there is also a block on the dialog box that lists all the files associated with that particular web page, which means I can not only load the web page itself, but all graphics associated with it.

One-click publishing, just like Blogger.

And since I have a legit copy of the previous version, I can pay the upgrade price and not the full price if I want it.

Definitely love. :-)