Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, February 09, 2004
A Big Milestone Indeed!
Mom's birthday, in Holiday Harbour.

Mom's birthday always reminds me of my dad. He always bought her something nice--not jewelry, because we were already drowning in it from his working in Trifari, and not flowers, because I was allergic to them--and what she wanted, but he never could quite remember that her birthday was Feb. 9 and not Valentine's Day. :-)

He did bring chocolate, which she nicely did share, and we always went out to eat. I think that's about when I discovered I liked baked stuffed shrimp. Before that the only seafood I liked was crab--real crabmeat, out of the crab, and not that awful deviled stuff with the pepper in it. We had, at one time found a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that served six baked stuffed shrimp at a ridiculously low price. Then they went to five shrimp, and then four.

And then, of course, since we loved going there, they closed. [wry grin]