Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 22, 2004
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Out-- Are you getting out and about lately? ...or is school/the weather/work/illness keeping you cooped up inside?

Nothing but boring old 40s and 50s here. I don't think we're going to get any snow at all. I'm sure my mom and the other folks in New England and the Midwest would think that's a relief. Not getting out mostly because we've been rearranging the den, which I've talked about at length here. Eventually we do have to get that carriage bolt for our pruner and go out and get those tree branches before it gets too warm (around here the end of February...). I don't want ants in my bathroom again if I can help it.

It wouldn't matter to me if it snowed anyway. I love going out and walking in the snow.

Twosome: of the-- Blue? Does the Winter season 'get to you'? ...or do you handle it as well as you do Summer?

I handle winter better than summer. I can't breathe well when it's too hot and I hate the bugs and the simmering feeling you get in the summer. I don't get SADD or anything like that from it being "dark." Bright lights and sunlight give me headaches anyway. The only weather I really hate are those days when you get a slow, steady, cold winter rain. It would be less damp and cold if it snowed on those days.

If I'm blue, it's because Christmas is over. Everything is back to being plain and mundane again.

Threesome: Loop-- Hey, Spring is coming (and Winter is still here for some); do you have a loop you drive or walk to check out the scenery? What do you see when you're out and about?

All spring means is that I start sneezing. I'm allergic to flowers. Oh, and there's the wonderful week or two when everything is covered with yellow pine pollen. Plus spring means that summer is on its way...an all-natural bummer. However, there are a lot of flowering trees around here, either naturally growing or planted by homeowners. One of my favorite spring drives is West Paces Ferry Road, west out of Buckhead to Highway 41. Habersham Road, off West Paces, is also very pretty. These roads are where the rich folks live and they have great quantities of flowering trees, bushes, and plants. One house has its long, long driveway lined on either side with Bradford pear trees. These trees have egg-shaped bodies and look like giant snowballs when they bloom.