Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, January 15, 2004
Thursday Threesome

::Confucius say::

Onesome- I hear and I forget. What’s the one thing you’ve had explained to you over and over, but it still goes in one ear and out the other?

Algebra...and the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation). At least algebra is "written in mathematics" and I understand not understanding. The FAR is supposedly written in English. It's not, really. It's written in Legal, which is about as comprehensible as French.

Twosome- I see and I remember. Is there anything you’ve learned how to do just by watching someone else do it first?

Cross-stitch.

Threesome- I do and I understand. Is there anything you excel at that you taught yourself to do?

HTML, I guess. But CSS and XML give me headaches. I can look at it and mostly understand how it works, but writing it on my own is a different story. As web stuff goes, I'm becoming a dinosaur.