Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, January 12, 2004
The Last Unicorn
I was really bushed the last time I was visiting my in-laws, but I could have sworn I heard my sister-in-law saying she was searching desperately for another copy of this movie. It's still available at Amazon.com.

The DVD version comes out March 16 (note: it's $3 cheaper at Deep Discount DVD and there's no shipping charges).

Which (in my mind anyway) begs the question: when's someone going to release all those great specials Chuck Jones did for television on DVD? I'm talking about the three Kipling adaptations, Mowgli's Brothers, The White Seal and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, plus The Cricket in Times Square and the Christmas sequel A Very Merry Cricket (I've never seen Yankee Doodle Cricket, so don't know if that's worth burning to DVD--but it would make a complete collection!).