Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, January 23, 2004
"How Quiet, How Quiet the Chamber Is..."
This sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I have no one to talk to.

I don't mean conversation, the way James and I talk. I mean...talking. I was always talking to Bandit; maybe it's why he talked so much. I'd get up in the morning and point out something that was on the news, or tell him I was afraid of the traffic, or when I didn't feel good. When I got home I'd tell him about the traffic, ask him what Dr. Phil was going on about, or what was going on on Passions. I'd talk about what I was reading, or point out birds on the television, as if I was teaching a small child.

He'd stretch out his little neck to listen to me, trying to get his beak as close to my mouth as possible. This was usually the cue to give him a kiss--the vet said not to kiss him, but how can one not kiss a budgie, with that adorable, fluffy face and those bright little dark eyes?

If he'd been here tonight, I would have exclaimed about the bird category on Jeopardy, and the funny parrot on PetStar, and when NBC news talked about Bob Keeshan passing away, I would have said, "Look, Bandit, that's Captain Kangaroo. I used to watch him when I was a chick. Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans and Bunny Rabbit and Mr. Moose and the Grandfather Clock...and Mighty Manfred and Tom Terrific..." and he would have listened, and chirbled, and I would have said "Really?" and he would have chirbled some more...