Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, December 06, 2003
The Table That Ate My Afternoon
Well, not really; I did get to the cleaner, Michael's, and Kaiser to pick up my thyroid pills.

Most of the day I was painting a small, drop-leaf table I bought at JoAnn on a coupon some months ago. I've always wanted one of these little tables and now that we are trying to clear out the den a little I decided to get one. I'm tired of having our ceppo near the door where it was in the way/could get knocked over or on top of a bookcase where you really can't see it, and I'd love to have a place for seasonal flowers, the Easter tree, etc. I haven't put the Easter tree up for two years because there's no room for it.

The table is being done in three colors: a dark blue on top, and on the top of the shelf below. The outer sides and edges of the legs are "pinwheel blue," kind of a dark powder blue (saying "a dark light blue" would sound really silly), and the inside of the legs are a powder blue. I put little stick on wooden medallions on each side of the wide legs (it's a trestle table leg) for more interest.

When the entire thing is done I have some rub-on gold leaves to give the top a little interest, and then I will spray the top with clear Krylon to give it a little more shine (although it is Plaid gloss paint) and toughness.