Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 20, 2003
Thursday Threesome

I think I'll answer these over at Holiday Harbour today, since the subject is appropriate.

Deb at Thursday Threesome did have an interesting question this week:

when i grow up

When I was a little girl, there were many things I said I would do when I grew up. And more I said I would NEVER do when I was a grown up!

I was reminded of it recently when I got a Swiss Colony catalog. Have you ever seen those little petit fours? Oh, I swear, when I was little, we would get that catalog EVERY year. And my mother never ordered from it! I said that when I was a grown-up, I would order from the Swiss Colony catalog and order myself some of those cute little petit fours. Have it done it, though? Nope.

What about you? When you were little, what did you swear YOU were gonna do when you grew up or had kids of your own? Come on now, fess up...


LOL. I said I wanted an apartment in Boston and was going to write books. You can see how well that worked out.

However, I did do something I said I would do as a kid: buy all the books I ever wanted as a kid. The moment I went to work, I started buying all those Marguerite Henry and Trixie Belden books my folks could never afford. Oh, and when the Internet came along, it was like heaven. I remember the year I drove my mom crazy trying to find a copy of Charlotte Baker's The Green Poodles, which I adored. I found that online, and all the other books I loved in the school library: Frances Frost's Windy Foot, Anne H. White's animal books, Kate Seredy's The Open Gate and The Chestry Oak, What Katy Did and its sequels, etc.