Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, November 17, 2003
Monday Madness

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? If not, when will you be starting?

Started? I'm almost finished. If my mom's gift from Amazon.com ever shows up! And James has to get his mom something. That's it. I shop for Christmas all through the year. I've been known to buy someone's next year gift or upcoming birthday present on the day after Christmas.

[Later: Whaddya know? I complain about it publicly and Amazon ships it. :-) I'm glad because I also have some Christmas music and videos I want to send my mom and, since the Amazon stuff usually comes earlier than I expect it, I might be able to mail her stuff Friday or Saturday morning so she can have it for the day after Thanksgiving. Only one question for ya now, guys--where are my Lassie DVDs????]

2. What are your favorite holiday goodies (baked goods, etc.)?

Wine biscuits. They're an Italian cookie. The recipe is on my Christmas web page. (Cough. The actual link's on the bottom at the moment, until next Thursday is over.)

3. Do you decorate for Christmas? Inside, outside or both? When will you be putting your decorations up?

We will have some decorations outside, a mailbox huggie with a pine wreath and red bows, and a wreath for each front door, but we don't have any outside lights because the dimwit who designed the house didn't put an outdoor plug in the front, only in the back. Duh. I decorate a little each Sunday of Advent, the items I have mentioned on the first Sunday, more things inside on the second. The tree goes up on my birthday, December 11, or the Friday closest to it, and stays up until January 6.