Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, November 10, 2003
Monday Madness

1. How many 'meals a day' do you eat?

Too many, if my waistline is any indication. :-) Three officially during the week. A lot of times on weekends only two. I don't really eat a lot when I'm home; I'm usually too busy. It's at work that I'm hungry all the time. Afternoons are the worst. The moment I have my fruit I get hungrier.

2. Do you enjoy cooking? Why or why not?

Not really. It seems an awful lot of work to go through just to get something to eat. :-) James is the cook in the house; he views it as a treat where he gets to experiment with different sauces and cooking times and cooking methods. It usually works out well. But on my own, I'd rather just dump some rice in some Campbell's chicken broth, then go back to constructing another web page.

3. Who cooks most of the meals in your home?

I think I already answered this one. :-)

. . . and one more (optional) for good measure;
4. Share a favorite recipe with us.


Hmn. Okay, on the way home, buy a fresh loaf of Italian or French bread (crispy crust) and a can of Campbell's roasted garlic and tomato soup. At home, take those chicken parts (bone in, what's good about chicken with no bones?) that you had thawing, put them in a Pyrex baking dish (or any pan as deep as a glass baking dish), toss on a little garlic powder, onion powder, and celery salt. Brown in 450 degree oven, 15 minutes on one side, then fifteen on the other.

Now turn the chicken again, open the soup and with a spoon or mayonnaise spreader or small spatula spread the glop (it's gloppy before decondensing) on top of the chicken. Cook another 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and add half a can of water to the baking dish. Stir between the pieces so the tomato glop and the water start to mix and spoon this mixture over the chicken. Add a small can of mushroom pieces, and, if you have some, some thin slices of green pepper to taste. Cook 20 more minutes.

Take out of oven; serve with liberal covering of the tomato sauce. Take the French/Italian bread, cut into slices or long pieces, and "zoop" in the sauce between bites of the chicken. Heaven tastes like this--has to. Or it will if God is Italian, anyway... :-)