Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, November 05, 2003
Kingdom of the Spiders Part 2
I seem to be having a problem with spiders this year.

This morning I was tooling down the freeway to work when I nonchalantly glanced in my rear view mirror.

There, suspended in midair, was a big black spider.

We're not talking rubber Hallowe'en spider here, guys. Live spider, at least an inch long and almost as wide.

When I got to work I opened one of the back doors and peered in. Sure enough Ms. Spider had suspended herself on a web between the two corners of the back window. I tried to get her out with a "muff" James bought me as a joke and which I keep in the car, but every time she scuttled, I yipped a little and backed up, so finally she hightailed it for a corner of the back window.

I was reduced to waving the muff near the corner, hissing "Charlotte! Get out of there!" Needless to say, there was no response.

So now I have this honkin' big spider in my car and I have a nap coming up this afternoon. I don't really want to kill it--they eat bugs after all--and besides, I'm Italian. It's bad luck to kill a spider.

But if it comes down to her or me...