Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 06, 2003
Kingdom of the Spiders #2 Coda
I didn't see "Charlotte" this morning until it had gotten a little lighter. The web was suspended in the same place, but she was sitting lower so that until there was more contrast, I couldn't see her up against the dark seats.

When I got to work I opened the left rear door and gently felt around until I started to dislodge the support strings of the web. It fell sideways and the spider scuttled near the window of the other rear door.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do next as I rounded the car, but Ms. Spider made it easier: I saw her drop down into the seat. When I opened the right rear door she was perched defiantly on the muff I'd tried to shoo her off with yesterday, so I pulled muff, spider and all, out of the car and laid it on the trunk, turning it over until she scuttled off onto the car and lowered herself down to the ground via her own web string. I had one last glimpse of her fleeing for cover under the car.