Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, November 28, 2003
Friday Five

1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?

Depends on the item. My dad used to say I could scent a bookstore at five miles. :-) I like media stores and book stores. I go shopping for clothing and shoes only under duress. Clothes, shoes, and jewelry bore the living daylights out of me.

2. What was the last thing you purchased?

LOL. The inspection on my car.

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?

I like to look at most things I buy, so I would say in an actual store. However, when I know what I want, online. It's usually cheaper and most of the places I order there's no postage and no tax.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?

I got my first allowance at age nine in 1965. It was a quarter. Used to take me three weeks to save up for a paperback book (read "the newest Get Smart novel"). Drove me nuts. :-)

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?

The salad greens I bought for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Usually I get greens fresh at Harry's, but they'd replaced the greens with herbs when we went on Sunday. I had to buy packaged greens which (1) were limp, (2) had spinach [barf!] in it, and (3) the Chinese endive wasn't sour. Ugh.