Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, November 20, 2003
3 for Thursday

Jaz is being thought-provoking:

If you could do ANYTHING you wanted (let's say you had magical powers or something)...

1. What would be the first 3 things you'd do for other people?

How "magical" are we getting here? Do we have Godlike powers or can we simply conjure money/houses/etc. out of thin air?

If I get Godlike powers I'd make all my chronically relatives, especially my mom, and friends well again with a cure for what's wrong with them so other people with the same illnesses get well, too. If not I want to create a big research facility that's magically perpetually funded to find the cure for all the nasty things. I'd say that takes up three wishes right there. Oh, yeah, and that housekeeper for my mom, too...

2. What would be the first 3 things you'd do for yourself?

Again, if we're going Godlike I'd like to be totally well, with no allergies. Um, if not, I'd still conjur up the new house, a PT cruiser, and some incidental cash (to stock the new house, of course--plasma screen TV and DVD recorder here I come).

3. What would be the first 3 things you'd do to your enemies?

Tricky one. Do I have any enemies? I mean, my bosom enemy is numbers in general. :-) I can't very well get rid of the things; society would collapse. I hope I don't have any human enemies--although I'm not naïve enough to believe that everyone likes me. Question sounds a little...vengeful, doesn't it? I mean, I'd really like to zap Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden, and other dictators/bullies...but do I have that right? If I take revenge, aren't I as bad as they are?

On the other hand there's something to be said for zapping all dictators/torturers/murderers/child molesters with slow, painful illnesses. At least severe menstrual cramps (and the resulting icky discharge) perpetually for the rest of their lives...