Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 09, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Saturday- Is Saturday a day to relax, maybe do something fun, or is it a day spent on the run, chauffeuring kids to activities, yourself to the gym and getting the errands done before it's back to work on Monday? Do you need a day off to rest from your day off? Tell us about your day!

It depends on what I do on Friday (when I have it off) or Friday night. If it is a usual Saturday we have to spend part of it (ugh) grocery shopping. Since the new BJ's opened near us, we have taken to stopping there on Friday night after going out to supper and getting all our "big" weeklies (milk and, if needed, cheese, mushrooms, Chex snack mix, rice, etc.) then. If we have Michael's, JoAnn, Linens'n'Things, or Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons, we might spend them then. But this week, for instance, if there's anything I need there, I will need to go tomorrow since we're having a rocket launch on Saturday.

Twosome: Morning- What's different about your weekend morning routine than the other days of the week?

Getting to sleep late, which is a big deal: I'm a night person, always have been. My mom--thank God she didn't work--says that even as a baby I would wake up about midnight and want to play in the playpen for a couple of hours. I sleep best in the daytime. I get my best sleep between six and eight a.m. Guess when I have to get up. So I usually drag around most of the week exhausted and end up taking a nap in the car at lunchtime.

Threesome: Cartoons- Do you have a favourite one? Do you still watch it and/ or other cartoons?

Hm. Hard one. Yes, I still watch cartoons (to the chagin of my mother). James loves the Looney Tunes; a few of those I really love, like "Duck Dodgers" and "Duck Amuck." I guess my favorites are the animated ones at Christmas, such as Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. If you want a favorite animated series, I'd have to say Star Blazers.