Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, October 16, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: MT-- So, are you running Moveable Type? ...and have you had to deal with comment spam? If so, Jay Allen's MT-Blacklist Plugin is one cure ....and did you know T-3 regular Shawn has written a scripting hack to allow it to work with the comment notifier script? Ah, the geekiness of it all...

I think I understood all the words in that sentence. :-) Nope, not using Moveable Type...not even quite sure I know what it is. On both blog sites, I picked out a generic template. I understand enough about style sheets that I was able to change colors and type sizes and styles. It seems as blog templates get "prettier," they are harder for some browsers to read. For instance, even Netscape 4.8 makes hash of both Holiday Harbour and Daniel Taylor's Dreaded Purple Master.

Blog spam? That's all I need--I'm still dealing with e-mail spam in droves.

Twosome: Black-- Hey, can you do "basic black"? ...or does your wardrobe consist of everything but black? Inquiring minds want a look into that closet!

Actually, I'm wearing black now: a black sweatshirt painted with autumn leaves and black pants.

Threesome: List-- Are you a "List Person", one of those people who cannot make it through the day with out a to-do list? ...or maybe "listfull', with yellow sticky notes all about you? ...or are you "listless" and wandering about randomly getting things accomplished?

I don't have paper lists anymore. That's why God invented PDAs. :-)