Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, October 22, 2003
Snakes Alive!
I told James what I would really want as an anniversary gift was the Indiana Jones trilogy. After looking at the prices elsewhere he'd decided Deep Discount DVD would be the cheapest and had planned to order from them--however, he held out to see if anyone would have a special, since The Big Day isn't until November 10.

Well, of all places--Eckerd drugstores actually announced they'd have the trilogy for $34.99, ten dollars under the DDD price. There could be a hitch: the ad only showed the full-frame version (the boxes are a different color). It could be Eckerd was only getting that version. Still, it was worth looking into.

Unfortunately, James wasn't able to stop there first thing in the morning, so when he walked in empty handed last night I just figured at that great price they had sold out completely. To my surprise, he flashed a rain check. Eckerd's distributor had not delivered them at all!

James said he mentioned to the cashier, as he filled out the rain check, that this was an anniversary gift, and she seemed surprised I didn't want something "girly" like jewelry or clothing. I wanted to laugh. Kim Peterson, on WGST, is always shilling for some jewelry store (I think it's the Shane Company)--I remember when he advertised "the $2000 diamond tennis bracelet to show her you really care" and I turned to James and said, "If you ever buy me anything that costs $2000, it better come in a big cardboard box with 'Dell' marked on the side."

Lately the Kimmer has been advertising some $6000 diamond pendant. Besides the fact that I loathe diamonds anyway--ugly things--I will revise my earlier statement: "If you ever buy me anything that costs $6000, it better be in a big carton that says "42 inch High Def plasma screen TV" on the side." :-)