Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, October 07, 2003
Outsmarted...


Took advantage of MediaPlay's The Lion King special: buy any selected Disney DVD along with the new DVD and get them both for $30. Since we're slowly--and belatedly--trying to replace our Disney videos with DVDs, I got a copy of The Fox and the Hound.

I should have remembered that the newest DVDs are giving "upgraders" from videos a $5 rebate if they send in the proof of purchase codes from both the video and the DVD with a cash register receipt. I remembered to do this with The Rescuers Down Under, but plunked The Lion King tape into the library donation box without thinking on Sunday. Ohhh, fuuuuudge. (But I didn't say fudge.)

Which reminds me that my DVDs of The Homecoming and the special edition Christmas Story should be shipping any time now. My copy of Little House on the Prairie Christmas is already on its way.