Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, October 10, 2003
Friday Five

1. Do you watch sports? If so, which ones?

Oh, yes, I'm very fond of horse jumping and 3-day eventing, also dog conformation, agility and obedience shows...oh, you mean the so-called "real" sports? Good God, why?

2. What/who are your favorite sports teams and/or favorite athletes?

Back when my best friend was going out with a guy who liked hockey, I did follow the Boston Bruins for a while, but that's about it. My parents were always anomolies as sports fans anyway; they lived in Rhode Island and didn't root for the Red Sox. They liked the New York Yankees instead. My mom said she couldn't stand watching the Red Sox because Ted Williams had a "big head." She hated conceited people. They both rooted for the Boston Braves until they moved to Milwaukee (and one knows where they are now).

3. Are there any sports you hate?

LOL. I liked Daniel Taylor's answer best: there's just not enough bandwidth. If I had to pick one, I'd say boxing. Who wants to watch some guy get beaten up?

4. Have you ever been to a sports event?

Oh, gawd, yes. James' little sister won tickets to a Braves game once and we went with her, his mom, and his other sister. I'm sooooo glad I brought a book. This was at the old Fulton County stadium and we were something like five rows from the very top. The field literally looked like a postage stamp. Once the teams took off their warmup jackets, I couldn't tell the Braves from the other team.

I like baseball best on the radio anyway...

5. Do/did you play any sports (in school or other)? How long did you play?

Other than what they forced us to play in gym class (softball, volleyball, and field hockey)? No. (Gawd. Field hockey. Doesn't that bring back all sorts of horrible flashbacks--all the aggressive girls going after all the timid ones with hard wooden sticks; thank God for shin protectors.)