Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, October 29, 2003
E-Books Again
I hadn't mentioned them in a while; still reading. In fact I darn near galloped through Georgina of the Rainbows, a novel about a girl growing up in Provincetown, Massachusetts, with her mother (Dad is an absent Naval officer who comes to play a crucial role in one of the plot developments). Georgina is by Annie Fellows Johnston, author of the "Little Colonel" books.

Right now I'm reading something that used to be "required reading" years ago: Penrod by Booth Tarkington. If I'd known it was so darn funny I wouldn't have waited so long to read it.