Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, October 27, 2003
Ding-Dong the Witch is Dead...
...or "Daylight Savings Time finally over!"

One of the things I hate most about DST is having to drive to work, save for about three weeks around the solstice, in pretty much near the pitch dark, so it always amuses me that the first workday that we're back on standard time almost always seems to be a rainy one, so I can't fully enjoy a lighter morning commute. This morning was no exception. DST wasn't as much a pain in RI because the sun rises earlier there, even during the summer the latest it ever rises is 5:30 a.m.

Now it's finally time for warm evenings around the table or the television or occasionally the fire. The neighborhood kids will still be outside playing--lack of light never stopped us; we sought out the streetlights and played on, and I'm sure the present generation is the same.