Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, October 31, 2003
All Hallow's Eve
Frankly, I was in a rotten mood tonight. I'd devised a simple, but workable costume for work. I had my black pants on, with a black sweatshirt, and had bought a simple black-and-white cat mask from Michael's and also used my white Confirmation gloves. It actually looked kind of cute.

I didn't get to have any fun with it, however. First, last night before bed, I had somehow managed to throw my bad shoulder out just by visiting the bathroom and reading. If I'd "slept wrong" it would have been understandable, but one minute I was fine and the next I was in a world of pain. Plus when I got into the car this morning, I tore my pants in the back. It meant I had to walk around very carefully for the morning I was at work.

I left work after lunch and came home to take some aspirin and lie down. I ended up being asleep for over two hours, but it didn't help the pain in my shoulder. Needless to say I wa grumpy giving out candy. It was also too warm--it had gone up to eighty during the day.

We did have a fun sojourn to a friend's house. He had built two flying saucers out of foam, foil, and other parts and had "Area 51 1/2" on his front lawn for Halloween. The mechanisms were quite clever: clear plastic bowls for cockpit domes, one of those "flaming cauldrons" for a fire effect, a motorized Tinkertoy drive to keep the second saucer's occupant--a stuffed "Stitch"--bouncing up and down in his cabin, a smoke machine, and other clever inventions. We got there late enough to help him break the units down and see all the creative work he'd done on the display.