Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, September 04, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Red- Stop! Take a moment from your busy day and let us know what it's like now that the kids are back in school. Hey, even if you don't have kids, I'm betting the traffic pattern has changed on your commute! ...and not for the better, -eh?

The traffic was bad last week, but this week is better. I suspect everyone finally has their schedules finalized. I have started taking a different sidestreet to the main road in the morning: previously I was going down our street to another street which lead to the main road. After five mornings of dodging kids in dark clothing when it's pitch black outside (I leave at 6:20 a.m. or thereabouts and there are already kids outside waiting for the school bus), I'm now going the opposite way--if the kids at the apartment complex are waiting for a school bus, at least they're not doing it in the middle of a narrow street!

{N.B. 09/05: I went "the old way" this morning--one of the kids was doing a cartwheel in the middle of the street! Arrrgh!}

Twosome: Yellow- The leaves will be yellow and gold soon in New England! Who's your team this year? Oh, college of course! (Okay, you can go NFL if you'd like <g>...)

Team? You mean football? Who watches football? I like dog agility contests and horse jumping...

Threesome: Green- Go ahead, tell us what is happening in your neck of the woods as Autumn approaches. I've heard tales of the ash trees turning golden in Pennsylvania while central California is still in triple digits. What are you seeing when you're out on your porch?

Sorry, all the trees are doing here are still panting in 80 degree weather. The leaves are limp, not golden.