Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, September 18, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Darwin's- Hmm... Ever run across someone who could be a Darwin awards candidate? Can you share your story? If not, what's your favorite story (true or not)?

I don't think anything can match the nonsense I've read in the books, even if some of it is made up. Although I'm continually amazed by the stupidity of people who drive the freeways of Atlanta.

Twosome: Survival of- What kicks you into survival mode during the week? Kids? School? Driving? Spouse (nope, better leave that one alone!) The News? What makes you yearn for your next break?

Anything involving numbers (which is practically my entire job).

Threesome: the Fittest- Hey, how are you doing in the fitness wars? Are you the drill sergeant leading the troops on the five mile hikes or are you the person waiting back at camp with the chips and dip ready for when they come to their senses?

In the fitness wars I'm in the back, slogging to keep up. I was up to fifteen minutes on the exercise bike at the beginning of summer. Then came vacation and then came bronchitis; it took me a month to get my lungs in good enough shape to even try the bike. I'm back to five minutes again because my joints hurt so badly.