Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, September 02, 2003
Friday Five (late since I was at Dragoncon)

1. Are you going to school this year?

No, but I have thought about going back to school to get a web designer's certificate. Problem is, I can hardly stay awake at work/commuting. I'm not sure if I could stay awake during classes, either, especially since all schools have fluorescent lights now.

2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?

I was graduated from high school in 1974. I did two years of college and also did a year of business school in 1981.

3. What are/were your favorite school subjects?

English and history.

4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects?

Math, especially algebra and trig {barf!}. Numbers are God's way of punishing us for our sins. (I actually liked geometry--it made sense--and I did get an A in Business Math. But then that was about money, not about unknown quantities like "X" and "Y.")

5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite?

Ninth grade. Charles Abosamra, my English teacher and also head of the English department at Hugh B. Bain. He was tough, fair, and humorous.