Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, September 12, 2003
Friday Five

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?

My birth certificate says "Linda Maria Lanzi." I started using my middle initial in junior high after my cousin Jimmy Lanzi married a girl named Linda and she was "Linda Lanzi," too. Then I got married. For some absurd reason when you get married the Government starts using your maiden name as a middle name on things, so after I was first married I was receiving stuff saying "Linda L. Young." Excuse me. I'm not ashamed of my maiden name. I was proud of being "Mike and Mary Lanzi's daughter." But my middle name is still "Maria," not "Lanzi." I sign it "Linda M. Young." I noticed in about a year the payroll people got the message...

Actually it was really Linda Maria Rosa Lanzi. At confirmation I took my great-grandmother's name. (I didn't like either of my grandmother's names, Anna or Matilda, very much. Besides, if I'd picked Matilda, my middle names would be "Maria Matilda" like Amy's doll in What Katy Did Next! :-)

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?

Oh, gosh, I've always hated my name. Everyone was named Linda back in the 50s. Linda was Danny Williams' daughter on Make Room for Daddy. There were two Lindas in first grade besides me, Linda Lonardo and Linda Azzoli. You might guess some favorite names from what I've named my lead female characters in stories: there's Lissa (for Melissa), Lyssa, Tessa, Carly, and Cally (short for Callandra). But I don't know if I'd want to be any of those names.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)

It was either Linda or Barbara. Those were the big names that year that my mother liked. I wasn't Barbara, according to her, because of my cousin Barbara...but then I have a cousin Linda who's closer to my age than cousin Barbara, so I haven't quite figured out what my mother was thinking. One name I wouldn't have been named was Susan, because my mom loathes the nickname "Susie."

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?

Oh, gosh, that would be too long. I do like the name Melissa, although it got so popular for a while there was a cascade of Melissas. I like a lot of the simple New Testament-chiefly boys' names: Matthew, Mark, John, Peter, James. David is one of my favorite boys' names.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?

Well, this is what kabalarians.com says:

"Your first name of Linda has made you a hard worker with a meticulous sense of detail. You have a great deal of patience and independence, and you can be relied upon to complete your undertakings. You are stable, trustworthy, homeloving, and logical in practical matters, but rather unresponsive to suggestions from others. You resist change. This name does not give you great ambitions, vision, or imagination. It frustrates the expression of your softer, feminine qualities in that you find it difficult to express the depth of your feelings for those you love. It limits you to practical matters of the day, filling your life with detailed routine. hard work, and monotony."

I'd say it's mostly accurate. I sure do resist change; I'm like a budgie in that respect! I don't know if my "softer feminine qualities" are all that much frustrated in expressing feelings. I am stuck with detailed routine and monotony at work, that's for sure, and I am patient at the things I love.

The health assessment, however, is spot on:

"Weaknesses in the health could affect the intestinal organs, causing growths, ulcers, constipation, or glandular conditions. Problems from head tension affecting the eyes, ears, sinuses, or teeth could arise."