Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, August 11, 2003
LodesTone Catalog -- Links

Gosh, I had no idea my Remember WENN page was listed here. I mean, these folks have worked with Norman Corwin...wow.

I've been a Corwin fan since the 1970s, when PBS recreated his Christmas radio play in verse, The Plot to Overthrow Christmas, a half-hour which was the actual production and a half-hour which was behind-the-scenes preparation for the show and an exhibition of sound effects. As I read more about old-time radio, Corwin's name came up frequently. I purchased his classic On a Note of Triumph celebrating the end of the second World War, and then some kind soul gave me the set of 13 by Corwin, stories which ranged from the versical Undecided Molecule to the somber Cromer to the whimsical My Client Curley, and my favorite, the sweetly romantic El Capitan and the Corporal, which I could imagine being performed by Kevin O'Rourke and Amanda Naughton.

If you're still wondering just who the heck Mr. Corwin is, here are some links:

Norman Corwin Bio

A Whimsical Tribute by Larry Gelbart

J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5) on Corwin

"Echoes from a Golden Time"

Transom Interview of Corwin, 2001

Crazy Dog Audio Theatre Interview of Corwin, March 2003

Script/Corwin's Notes to "The Plot to Overthrow Christmas"