Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, August 15, 2003
Friday Five

1. How much time do you spend online each day?

It can be up to six or seven hours. I frequently need to get online at work: looking up various codes, searching for small business vendors--and looking up the traffic report before I leave at night to know how long I'm going to be stuck in traffic.

2. What is your browser homepage set to?

At home, I like a blank page. At work I have our intranet page.

3. Do you use any instant messaging programs? If so, which one(s)?

AIM.

4. Where was your first webpage located?

It's still there: http://www.mindspring.com/~jlyoung/home.htm

5. How long have you had your current website?

Actually, I had a web page before we were even online. We were on GEnie alone until September of 1996, when we decided to invest in a Mindspring account. However, in May of 1996 I had taken an Internet class at work that included how to construct a simple web page in a text editor. I fell in love with doing web pages and by the time we got on "live" in September I already had a home page and several other pages constructed, including the original Remember WENN one-page and a Babylon 5 links page.

The domain is a couple of years old, ever since Yahoo bought out Simplenet. James gave me the Simplenet sign-up fee as a birthday present several years before that, since the Remember WENN pages were getting so much traffic I was in danger of going over my bandwidth.