Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, July 13, 2003
The Tuesday or Wednesday before we left on vacation we had what I call "Georgia Monsoon Season," a full day of driving rain, sometimes with the wind blowing it horizontally. I got sopping wet going out for lunch and then came inside wet.

I spent Thursday, which I had off, fighting the prefacing effects of a cold which I felt coming on: took aspirin, drank water, rubbed Vicks on my chest. By sheer strength of will--damned if I'm going to get sick on my first vacation away in two years!--I fought whatever I was coming down with off all last week, although on Friday and yesterday I woke up with a decided sore throat that vanished after breakfast and in the fresh air.

I managed to hold it off until we got to the airport and were waiting for our flight. By the time I got home I was coughing and my right sinus was stuffed. I woke up in the middle of the night coughing and gasping for air. This morning I felt like that proverbial truck had made treads on my lungs.

The one bright spot is having the fids home. Bandit has 'nuggled on my shoulder most of the afternoon and Willow is sticking like glue to James' leg, determined not to let us out of sight again. I keep saying I'm going to nap but once lying down am too miserable to stay there.