Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 14, 2003



Catching up ain't hard to do:

This-or-That Tuesday, July 8, 2003

1. Strawberries or blueberries?

Given the choice, strawberries. Really want: cherries.

2. "Legally Blonde 2" or "Terminator 3"?

Given the choice, Legally Blonde 2. Really want: Tuesday to come for Season 4 of M*A*S*H on DVD.

3. Hamburgers or hot dogs?

Given the choice, hot dogs. Really want: T-bone steak.

4. Boating or hiking?

Given the choice, hiking. I can't swim. Really want: Walking through museums.

5. Suntan lotion or sunblock?

Must have sunblock. I'm taking medication that makes me sunburn. Come to think of it, I've needed sunblock since I had the radioactive iodine treatments.

6. "Big Brother" or "The Amazing Race"?

Given the choice, Amazing Race. Really want: More episodes of the PBS show about the Canadians living for 1 year as Western pioneers (started last night on GPTV).

7. Beach Boys or Jimmy Buffett?

Given the choice, Beach Boys. Really want: Rupert Holmes.

8. Grow your own produce or buy from supermarket/greengrocer/farm stand?

Purchase. I hate crawlies.

9. Drive with car windows/top down, or with air-conditioning on?

Windows down as long as I can tolerate the heat; I like the wind blowing in my face. When it gets stifling, crank up that A/C.

10. Go away for vacation, or stay at home?

Definitely go away! We just got back and wish we were still gone!

Thursday Threesome, July 10, 2003

Onesome- Honey: Hey there! Not that you personally need any sweetening, but just in case: what goes in your summer drinks to sweeten things up? Honey? Sugar? Artificial sweetener? ...or are your taking things straight up this time 'round?

Sugar if it needs sweetening. But milk is naturally sweetened, and that's what I drink most of.

Twosome- Mustard: Okay, what condiment has to come to the table for that burger or hotdog? Ketchup? Mustard? Salt? Pepper? Just what is it you 'relish'?

Ketchup only.

Threesome- Sauce: ...and along with that, which sauce do you simply have to have around? BBQ? A-1? That special sauce you learned to make when you worked fast food at the mall? How about it? You brought those napkins along for a reason!

Sauce? With James' cooking you don't need sauce. :-) At Sonny's I like the sweet barbecue sauce, though.

Friday Five, July 11, 2003

1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it?

Yes, I do. Her name was Linda, too. She's married now and I've forgotten her last name. We traded mothers for confirmation.

2. Are you still in touch with this person?

Haven't seen her in years. My mom sometimes tells me how she is.

3. Do you have a current close friend?

I'm married to him. :-) I have another close friend; at least I think we're still close friends. I haven't heard from her in ages.

4. How did you become friends with this person?

We were both the "oddballs" in sixth grade because we liked to read and make up stories.

5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why?

I'd like to know what happened to a couple of my school friends, just because. I did find the webpage of someone I went to school a week or so ago. Maybe I'll write her a note and see if she remembers me.