Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 12, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Quoth- Do you use quotations much? ..at all? What is your favorite quote? ...and why, pray tell?

If a quote fits the situation, sure, I'd use one. On the other hand, I'm not like Lord Peter Wimsey, who seemed to have a quote memorized for every occasion. :-) My favorite quote: "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" (Mame Dennis in Auntie Mame) Perhaps because I wish I could live it.

Twosome: the Raven- The symbol of the raven has a lot of mythology and superstition attached. How are you in this area? Do you avoid ladders with black cats perched on them on Friday the thirteenth? ...or do you just toss a pinch of salt over your shoulder and move along about your business? Hmmm?

Oh, I've been known to knock wood or toss a few grains of salt. However, if I must believe in all those things, I will be very unlucky, because I happen to love black cats! (One of my favorite cats of all time was a longhair black cat named Zipper who belonged to my best friend. When she came into heat she fell in love with my Hush Puppies. :-) It was quite a spectacle.)

Threesome: Nevermore- ...and the softball of the week: What is it that you've tried that is on the "Nevermore" list? ...and do people even dare to bring it up around you?

Nobody's asked...but--roller skating! After falling and hairline fracturing an elbow, I would say so. "Barf rides" like roller coasters are out, too.