Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, June 30, 2003
Found some old "This or That Tuesday" items:

1. "The Munsters" or "The Addams Family"?

The Addams Family. Who could resist John Astin as Gomez? "Tish, you spoke French!"

2. "The Sopranos" or the "Godfather" movies?

Neither. Ugh. Mafia movies. Ugh.

3. "The Jetsons" or "Lost in Space"?

Hmmm. The Jetsons because it was funnier. But I had a crush on Mark Goddard once...

4. "Superman" or "Batman" (either the TV shows or the movies)?

Superman. I always had a "thing" for Clark Kent. (I liked the George Reeves series best, even if the later eps did get silly. Loved the original black and white Robert Maxwell shows!)

5. "Sex & The City" or "Friends"?

Barf. Neither. Remember WENN.

6. "The Wizard of Oz" or the "Harry Potter" movies?

Harry Potter movies.

7. "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill"?

The Simpsons, if I have to pick one. Everyone in King of the Hill is so adenoidally dopey. What I really prefer is Futurama.

8. "Grease" or "Saturday Night Fever"?

Fifties or disco? This is a choice? Neither -- how about a nice Rogers and Hammerstein musical instead?

9. Old prime-time soaps: "Dallas" or "Dynasty"?

Neither. The Waltons.

10. Not very thought-provoking this week...do you prefer TV shows or movies?

That is a hard one, given the state of TV at the moment and given the state of movies at the moment. Okay, TV...but only if I can watch the History Channel and HGTV and PBS and Discovery and The Travel Channel.




1. Cats or dogs?

Dogs.

2. Butterflies or birds?

Birds!

3. Horses or cows?

Horses. (I hope the cows will forgive me considering all the milk I drink!)

4. Turtles or snakes?

Turtles. But I don't really like reptiles at all.

5. Frogs or grasshoppers?

That is a WEIRD choice. Amphibians versus insects? Um. Grasshoppers, I guess.

6. Lions or tigers?

Lions. I lost my heart to Kimba the white lion at an early age. <g>

7. Elephants or mice?

Mice. In cages, thank you.

8. Porcupines or aardvarks?

Whichever eats the most ants.

9. Unicorns or dragons?

Unicorns.

10. Thought-provoking question of the week: You live in a rather dumpy apartment. A friend offers you a chance to be a roommate at a new place s/he is moving into, but they don't allow pets. You have a pet. Do you find your pet a new home and take the new place, or do you keep your pet and stay put?

Give up Bandit for some fancy apartment? Would you give away your only child to live in the White House?