Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, May 23, 2003
I see it's a branding-type day at Friday Five

1. What brand of toothpaste do you use?

Colgate gel. I was brought up on the white paste, but James doesn't like what he terms "mud."

2. What brand of toilet paper do you prefer?

ScotTissue. I think we use less because it's single-ply.

3. What brand(s) of shoes do you wear?

Whatever fits my annoyingly-hard-to-fit feet. I have a small, wide foot. I understand there are women out there who just love to buy shoes, which I can't ever enjoy because for me it's an ordeal of several hours finding something that doesn't rub my toes raw. For sneakers I buy boys' (adolescent?) Reeboks. They are wider than the so-called women's wide shoe and cheaper for a shoe that looks exactly the same. For dressier shoes I get Hush Puppies.

4. What brand of soda do you drink?

UGH. Hate soda. Nasty stuff. Carbonation upsets my stomach and makes me burp. The only soda I was ever able to tolerate was Warwick Club lemon/lime soda. They didn't sell milk at the beach concession back when I was a kidlet because it spoiled too fast, so if we went for doughboys at Oakland Beach or were at Rocky Point Park, I got the lemon/lime.

5. What brand of gum do you chew?

Wrigley's spearmint or Doublemint. Sometimes I feel like something different and get Juicy Fruit.