Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, May 16, 2003


1. What drinking water do you prefer -- tap, bottle, purifier, etc.?

Unless the tap water in an area is really bad--sulphury like up in Plattsburgh, New York, or sandy and tasteless like in parts of south Florida--I don't see anything wrong with tap water. We do have a purifier on our kitchen faucet, though. I don't understand this mania about bottled water. Most of it is tasteless, and there are bottled water companies who have been investigated and it's been found out that their "pure mountain spring water" is just someone's tap water anyway.

2. What are your favourite flavor of chips?

Sour cream and onion.

3. Of all the things you can cook, what dish do you like the most?

Well, I don't really cook most of it, just the rice--I like rice in Campbell's chicken broth. Sprinkle on some celery salt and some Romano cheese and it's delicious. If I have to contribute to the cooking process more than that, then the answer is chicken cacciatore.

4. How do you have your eggs?

Eggs belong in cakes. I hate eggs. I like them in homemade eggnogs, but now you have to worry about that salmonella nonsense, so I haven't had one of those in years. Miss 'em, especially at Christmas.

5. Who was the last person who cooked you a meal? How did it turn out?

My husband. He's the cook in the family. Boneless skinless turkey thighs marinated in hickory flavor Lawry's sauce then grilled on the George Foreman grill. Mmmmmmm.