Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 03, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: April Showers- What the heck? Snow again in the East (and other places) over the weekend? How are the heck are we supposed to get out into the garden? What's the forecast for this weekend where you are?

60s and rainy. Ugh. Give me "jacket weather" (50s) and partly cloudy any day.

Twosome: Bring- Bring in the clowns! Yeah, do you get any help around the garden (house/apartment)? ...or when it comes to flowers, are you the Lone Arranger?

Are you asking about the garden or the house? The kitchen is James' domain. He cooks, loads the dishwasher, cleans the stove and counters. I sometimes wash some dishes by hand, really clean the counters, wipe the front of the oven and dishwasher, and keep the floor swept. He'll carry the vacuum cleaner upstairs and move stuff when I vacuum. On other things it's a plead basis.

In the garden he mowed and I weed-ate. Now we have someone to do it for us. We'll still have to go out and spray and treat for fire ants. (Bugs. I hate bugs.)

I arrange silk flowers--does that count?

Threesome: May Flowers- Ah, yes, posies and pretties for everyone to enjoy... How about you? What is your favorite flower? ...and not only to receive: what do you enjoy growing at your place?

I don't enjoy growing anything. If it's growing outside, I'm allergic to it. James has learned flowers for a special occasion will only make me sneeze. We had two rose bushes. The yellow one seems to have died over the winter. {sigh} The thing I enjoy most is keeping the holly/box hedge short.

That babbled, I like lilacs best. They don't grow here (or grow well here) because it never gets cold enough in the winter, I'm told.