Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, April 14, 2003
Friday Five
(late because things have been "up in a heavel")

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?

James took me to see the Moody Blues in...Macon, I think. I hated it. We had seats right near the speakers and it was so loud you couldn’t hear the music. I spent the entire concert with one ear against his shoulder and my finger in the other ear. Peter, Paul and Mary a few years later were a definite improvement. Almost saw John Denver once, but when I couldn’t get anyone to go with me, I sold the ticket I’d bought.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?

Hm. Tie between George Winston and Rupert Holmes, but always leaning toward the latter. :-)

3. What's your favorite song?

“The Impossible Dream” sung by Richard Kiley.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?

Organ...which I can play after a fashion. I just haven’t in years. I keep being tempted by Casio and/or Yamaha keyboards and then figure it would just be something else to dust.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?

Gosh. One? Irving Berlin. George Gershwin. Rodgers and Hammerstein. You know, people who could write real music, not the tripe I heard playing the other day with x-rated lyrics about naked women in bed. Urgh.