Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 06, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Cold Are you a cold weather person and just deal with it or do you prefer temperatures closer to the century mark?

I prefer cold weather. I have a hard time dealing with heat, partially because I find it hard to breathe when it’s too warm, partially because...well, there are just so many things you can take off before you start "scaring the horses," as it were. I also like cold-weather fabrics best: flannel and fleece. I like the way they feel against my skin. I like sleeping with the blankets tucked around me. It makes me feel secure.

Plus when it's warm the wretched bugs come out. I'm a natural mosquito magnet.

I hate those weather reporters who chirp on summer days "It's going to be beautiful today, in the high 80s!" That's not beautiful, it's Hell...

Twosome: and Misty What makes you misty-eyed? Do you cry at Hallmark commercials or get all sentimental when you hear a specific song? You can tell us, we won't laugh ;)

Hallmark commercials, happy endings in movies, you name it. I cry at the end of Rupert Holmes' "The Old School," Streisand's "The Way We Were," and several other ditties I can't recall now. I fall apart at "Taps" and get a lump in my throat when they show the American flag over some memorial to the dead.

My favorite thing to cry at is "Lassie's Odyssey." (For those who don't know, this is a three-part story with Timmy wherein Lassie gets locked in a produce truck and escapes 600 miles later, making her way home on foot. Timmy has just given up on her return and is burying her toys at their special meeting place when she appears at the top of the hill and boy and dog run to meet each other.) I've seen this story 50-60...maybe more...times and dissolve in tears every time.

Threesome: Morning Mornings? ...or evenings? Which is your time of the day? Are you up with the sun or do you help the moon keep the night lit?

Definitely a night person. I don't really wake up until 10 a.m--everything up until then is done on autopilot. I'm most awake late afternoons and evenings and definitely prefer sunsets to sunrises.