Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 14, 2003
Friday Five

1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?

I don't think about it all that often. Sometimes it's nice, and sometimes it's not because if I'm on the phone it's usually because a bill got messed up or I'm making some type of appointment or I have to complain about it. It's definitely nicer to talk now that we have (a) a cordless phone and (b) a headphone for it. I can do other things while I talk. Really, unless someone calls us or we call someone to arrange to get together, the only extended pleasure talking I do is with my mom: she calls on Thursday and I call her on Monday. I really don't understand people who have phones attached to their ears all the time.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?

My mother.

3. About how many telephones do you have at home?

Six house phones and the two cell phones we almost never use.

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?

Sure. They're called telemarketers. :-) We finally quit answering the phone. That's why the Good Lord made answering machines.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?

It depends on the time frame. If I need to contact them immediately I will call. If there's some detail to the message--I write much better than I speak--or if there's a longer time frame, I will send an e-mail. Gosh, I haven't sent a letter in ages, which is silly since I have a computer and a printer and can dash out a letter in no time at all.

I have, unfortunately, written out too many sympathy cards in the past month...