Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 07, 2003
Cool. Apparently The Court Jester, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and Journey to the Center of the Earth are all on their way.

I'm hyped about Journey; I hope it's a good transfer. This is one of my favorite movies and, although it was made in Cinemascope, I've never seen it widescreen (I think Fox Movie Channel showed it that way once, but I missed it--now AMC...now a.k.a. Add More Commercials...apparently owns it; ugh).

I saw it the first time in school, actually; our junior high used to show a movie on the last day of school and on the last day before Christmas vacation. Journey was the Christmas 1969 offering. I particularly remember it because they had underestimated the length of the film and, to get the kids out to their school buses on time, had to stop the movie and run it forward to the conclusion to finish up on time. So we missed what happened to Gertrude the duck and the whole Atlantis sequence. I had to wait until one of the Boston stations showed it several years later to see those scenes.