Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 13, 2003
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Three- Hmmm... There's a three day weekend coming up for some people. Do you have Monday off and have some special plans? ...or is this just another weekend (or maybe one with two Sundays)?

If I'm lucky I'll get to sleep. I've had a stuffy nose all week and can't breathe well out of it, and if I breathe through my mouth, it dries up due to the antihistamine and I wake up gasping. What fun, eh? You really wanted to know that darling little health detail. :-) But various household chores, I suppose. Seeing if there's a sale at Michael's. Editing a web page I'm designing for a fanzine. Stuff like that.

Twosome: Blind - It's holiday time once again (tomorrow silly!). Do you have to turn a blind eye to anything when these days come around? ...or are you surprised at what shows up?

I'm not sure I know what you mean about turning a blind eye. You mean away from inappropriate behavior on Valentine's Day? Or ignoring it? Weird question.

Threesome: Mice - Enough mousing around! Are you ready for tomorrow? ...or are you stopping by the pushcart people on the way home (I'm betting the guys and gals have really different answers on this one).

Tsk tsk. As Daniel Taylor pointed out, this is presupposing men forget Valentine's Day until the last minute. (I don't see how when so many women hint so broadly about it.) Well, both "the mister" and I are ready for tomorrow. In fact he had my gift before I bought his. I know because I hinted very broadly at what I wanted and he bought it right in front of me. I'm sorry if that sounds so-not-romantic, but we've had some long discussions about the useless junk we keep bringing into the house and decluttering in general and are trying to buy each other items we want, not things that are going to be shipped off to Goodwill eventually. We have chocolate in the house (much too much of it as our figures will attest) and I'm allergic to flowers (and what florist sells lilacs anyway?). I wanted the Behind the Scenes at the Disney Studios DVD (one of the new "Disney Treasures" line) and that's what he bought me. I bought him something he told me several times that he liked (hint: there was a sale at Media Play a few weeks back) and something else that he admired when he saw one of our friends with it.

Sigh. If only it had been Strategic Air Command on DVD. Now there would have been the gift for him. :-)