Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, February 25, 2003
"Life's Like a Movie...Write Your Own Ending..."

I've always loved the first few lines of this closing song from The Muppet Movie. It's always nice to think you might be able to write for yourself, if not a fabulously fantastic ending, at least a happy ending where everyone is happy and healthy.

Sometimes life isn't like a movie. At least what happened today isn't the ending I would have chosen for this particular movie. The birth of a baby should be a joyous time, certainly a happy ending--except when the baby's mother, already ill, doesn't survive to see her own child.

I lost a friend today. Her name was Dana Sherman. She was funny and smart, and enjoyed talking about the 1940s and English royalty and books . We had some great times talking on chat and a few times in person. And now she's gone and I don't know what to say or even how to cope.

Except that I'd give anything to rewrite that ending...