Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, February 26, 2003
I hadn't listened to my Big Band compilation CD since last week, so it seemed odd that when I woke up this morning I had the plaintive "We'll Meet Again" running through my head.

Then I realized the singer's voice was female and the version I have is done by the Ink Spots.

I'd like to think that Dana, who was the consummate lover of 1940s music, was trying to tell me something.

I guess what happened today was aftershocks; I did sleep last night but when I got to work I felt chilled and disoriented. Normally my officemates are quiet folk; today they seemed excessively happy, loudly chattering about exercising, one person's clothing and hairstyle, the weather, etc. I didn't say anything--why should they be unhappy simply because I was?--but the result was that every word and every laugh was like a fingernail on the blackboard. I couldn't get warm (but that wasn't surprising because it was 45 degrees out and they still had the A/C running...) and finally, after getting as much done as I could, retreated home away from the noise. I stretched out on the futon in the spare room, which is nice and quiet, and was out like a light for the next four hours. Sometimes all you need is to sleep...